In politics, petty-trading, show-business, ministry, in fact in any kind of craft and career the world over, it is an entrenched thought-pattern, albeit, a modus Vivendi, that you need a godfather to fulfill your dreams and get ahead in what you have chosen to do. It is believed that your gifting and talents may not really be as profitable if you don’t tag on to the tail-wind of a godfather. We are also made to believe that we need a godfather to be far ahead, or godmamma to matter. Many times, these “gods” hide in the armored- tank of the oppressive excrescence they craftily nomenclature, “mentorship” from where they operate. Mentorship we all need. It is one way God helps sharpen our skills and lead us down the path of a fulfilling assignment in life.
The problem with a godfather is that his behaviors are nine times out of ten farther away from God. The potential beneficiary of the freebies of a godfather, as a matter of obligation, must remember the godfather’s birthday, bad-day, good-day, the day he made his first movie, launched his first campaign, preached his first sermon, bought his first car, married his first wife, let go of the seventh concubine, received his first honorarium, told his first lie, and on, and on, and on. And the gifts for these “anniversaries” must be in the heavyweight category. If you offer him/her a lightweight gift, you will be lit up in a bonfire of seclusion, ostracism, or outright expulsion from the elite caucus of the recumbent. So these godfathers and godmammas sit in their exalted positions to oppress, suppress, and manipulate the mind of the burgeoning and upcoming talent who is seeking only to fulfill destiny. If you are being fathered right now by a godfather, and not by God of all godfathers, watch out!
Here are 7 solid, indisputable, unchallengeable reasons why you don’t need a godfather.
1. YOUR GODFATHER CANNOT FATHER GOD. YOU DON’T NEED HIM, YOU NEED GOD!
2. YOUR GODFATHER CAN CHANGE HIS MIND; GOD CANNOT, REGARDING HIS PROMISES.
3. YOUR GODFATHER CAN DIE, GOD CANNOT, HE IS IMMORTAL.
4. YOUR GODFATHER CAN LIE; GOD CANNOT, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM TO LIE.
5. YOUR GODFATHER CAN BE REPLACED BY ANOTHER GODFATHER OR GRAND-GODFATHER; GOD CANNOT, BECAUSE HIS THRONE IS FROM EVERLASTING TO EVERLASTING.
6. YOUR GODFATHER NEEDS ALL YOU HAVE, BUT GOD HAS ALL YOU NEED, SO WHO DO YOU REALLY NEED?
7. YOUR GODFATHER IS A MAN, BUT GOD IS GOD, NOT A MAN.
In the final analysis, you don’t need a godfather; you need God who will assign to you a mentor whose assignment is to help bring out the best in you.